5.23.2010

How do you keep your dogs so white?

Hahahaha. If I got a dollar for every time I heard that.

Apparently, though, I have learned that a vast majority of human beings have never seen a white dog in their lifetime. This must be true, after all, since I can not wash my dogs for a month, not brush my dogs for a week, be hiking up a mountain the morning after a nice rain, and still be stopped by a stranger with their jaw dropped. "How could you bring them up here? You must have just given them a bath!"
"Hmmm... yes... you're right, about 3 hikes, 5 swims in a muddy pond, and 1 trip to the beach ago."
How do I keep them so white? I don't! The joy of knowing how to use a brush, and owning a non-staining dog does that for me. Of course, I use the term non-staining very loosely. I mean, under normal dog circumstances, doing normal dog things. That is, such as running in mud, or eating dirt, or sitting and breathing. These things do not create unsightly stains. Other Holly type things such as getting in the way of a Prego Explosion, yes, that may or may not be a staining scenario.



Your dogs are so white!

No comments: