7.23.2010

Sorry! I skipped most of July.

Whooops. But I made it back before the little thing that says "July" on the right hand column went away forever, right?

So, what was the big news for July? Other than human being riddled with pneumonia...


This one. Happy belated July!

My very first attempt at a temporary design job was a 40% success. You see, I failed to foresee that my willing subject may not enjoy the blowing-on-through-a-tube-the-skin, and I found myself quite taken aback when I tried to stencil the top of the leaf, and he kept swinging around to look at what I was blowing at on the back of his neck. Unfortunately, the little POS ruined the palms of the leaf. I finished by tipping his ears, and all his toes. Sweet, right? Yeah, except I forgot to take a picture. So thumbs totally down for the human.

The other minus-point is that I assumed "temporary" meant temporary. It is a water colour marker after all. That means it should come off in water, right? Well, mostly. Now I have a dog with pale pink toes, and a pink blob on his back. It's slightly depressing, since I LOVED his tail and ear tips, and I would have had no problem at all if they were permanent. But of course those two bits rinsed away, and I couldn't get the back & toes out if I soaked the little devil in turpentine. Zoinks.

No comments: